Thursday, March 7, 2013

To ACV or NOT to ACV -- is that the question?

There seems to be quite a controversy about ACV ... or Apple Cider Vinegar to you lay folk!  It seems counterintuitive to put acid down your throat when you're having problems with acid in your stomach ... but it's just that kind of thinking that might be keeping some people from relief!  I've tried it ... with baking soda.  At one point it only made things worse, and at another point, it seemed ok, but I didn't stick with it.  Anyone out there have a good experience with it in helping their reflux?  I'd love to hear what you did.  

That being said, I DO use just the baking soda from time to time to calm things down, it does so for a while, but doesn't really seem to keep my stomach happy for long.  I also have low blood pressure, so I'm not as concerned with the sodium intake of the baking soda.  I think I'll go make a "cocktail" of that right now, in fact ... and I'll put it in a pretty glass, so it's more fun as I force the nasty taste down my throat!

1 comment:

  1. Love that you're taking care of yourself. It's all about the glass - agreed! oxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete