Monday, March 18, 2013

The Think System

 While I know I will be waxing poetic about digestive enzymes in my next blog -- (who knew digestive enzymes could be poetic??)   -- but today I want to go back to the mind/body connection.  I feel very strongly that this is important whether are not you have reflux, or whatever, as I believe it's part and parcel in helping to create homeostasis in the body.

Before I met my husband I recall meditating on the relationship I desired with my beloved.  I would go through each attribute that I thought was "important" -- but what I also did was feel emotionally what that would be like to be in relationship with.  Consequently, I was basically having the relationship prior to ever meeting him ... which brought me much joy and peace and allowed me to enjoy the pleasures of my life prior to him coming into my life, rather than wondering where the heck he was!  (which I did often prior to this meditation)  It also helped me to recognize him when he finally showed up!

I realized I can do this with my reflux too.  So I am now meditating on my wellness -- and how it FEELS to be in harmony with my body with no symptoms of reflux and being able to enjoy the food and wine I like.  I experience the joy and the exhilaration that this healing will bring.   I have no idea if this will actually work, but I have to say, it brings peace to my mind, body and spirit and hopefully will help facilitate healing as well.  As they say ... it couldn't hurt!

That being said, when do I have time to do this?

I ride the subway most days -- and have time to do a lot of reading then, so I thought, let's do the meditating then as well!  Since I get on the subway at near the beginning of the line, it's usually pretty empty and I can find a place to sit down and BREATHE, and get into my quiet place ...    I find it very soothing and I show up at my destination in a great space and ready to do what is necessary, having put all into perspective.  That is just great EXCEPT on those days when the mariachi's come through and stand right next to me blasting their accordion, guitars and whatever in my ear and singing even louder.  I admit it, I am not woman enough to keep the blissful calm through all of that!  Not yet, anyway!  Yep, meditating on the subway might not be the best answer.

So, I'd have to say, if you can find 15 minutes in your day where you can turn off all that could be distracting and just breathe and focus on the joy of healing and well-being -- it'll certainly help something if not your reflux, and/or something may occur to you to try to help facilitate YOUR healing.

I hope so!  

1 comment:

  1. I love this Nancy! Such a great idea!Ive been doing " breathing exercises"in the morning, right when I wake,but that mostly ends with me falling back to sleep.I'll have to try meditating like this!!

    ReplyDelete